1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN: Guiliani leads McCain for rep. pres. nominee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Just saw it on CNN ... people, i called this two years ago. Rudy G will be the next president of the United States.

The real bad news is that Hilary leads the democratic candidates in the same poll. I DO NOT want Hilary to go up against Guiliani and lose.

My gut is Guiliani wins and goes for 8 years ... and the country turns things around. Then, Hilary Clinton takes over.

2. You and your gut fail to realize that it's 2006.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Giuliani -- is that the family-values Republican who cheated on his wife before marrying his mistress?

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Who's also pro-choice and generally a RINO because that's the only way he could get elected in New York. I don't think he has a chance in hell of getting the Republican nomination, although I think he'd win the Presidential election.

5. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Bring back the Bull Moose party!

6. sportschick

I thought we were all voting for the Kinky party. ;)

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Giuliani doesn't stand a chance outside the Northeast. If I had my druthers, Wes Clark would be the Dem nominee. But he won't if Hillary runs.

(BTW, If it comes down to Hillary in 2016, she'll be 69 years old. Oh-eight is her best last shot.)

8. sportschick

I agree with you on Wes Clark, but given the fact that Northeasterners rule the party right now, I don't think he stands a chance.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

You're just terribly wrong about this, of course.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

He didn't do it in his office, did he?

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

This is where you always say "Here we go" when I press the bright red political Easy Button.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted