1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN: Bush challenges opposition Congress on spending

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/03/bush/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush on Wednesday asked the Democrat-controlled Congress to give the White House line-item veto power to control spending.
    As he prepares to deal with an opposition Congress for the first time, Bush is also asking lawmakers to extend tax cuts.
    "We've got to make sure we spend the people's money wisely," the president said in a Rose Garden statement.

... in other news, patients ask for control of the asylum.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Wow. I can't believe he said that. Oh wait, yeah, I can.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... and on his shoulder, a battered and nearly muzzled Jiminy Cricket hopped up and down shouting "Haliburton! Haliburton! Haliburton!" before collapsing into wracking sobs.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So after 6 years in the White House and 12 years control of Congress, they decide to accept fiscal responsibility, albeit 2 months after they lost the ability to actually carry out that policy. Who said W. can't learn?

5. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Pot. Kettle. Black.

The libertarian option is looking much better these days....

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I can hardly wait for the State of the Union address, for what he'll say and for the crowd reaction.

7. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

[​IMG]

8. Libertarian --- A Conservative Who Wants To Smoke Dope And Fuck Little Boys.
    This is a great idea from Fredo. By all means, let's give this particular president even more power.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know. Cutting spending sounds good. But it could be a trick!

10. Roll back the taxcuts and don't send us any more.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Why doesn't Shrubby go ask the last president to balance a budget what he ought to do?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Or a liberal, who'd like to keep his/her payckeck

Draft saved Draft deleted