1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNHI's Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by kimronspringle, Dec 14, 2009.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yes, but just crappy "Good luck in the season" from all the schools we cover, so I don't know if they are paying for it or not.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Could be worse than a one-day furlough, though it does suck.

If you work that day, however, you are a fool and are violating labor laws to boot.

3. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie New Member

They should cut the salaries of their 57 vice presidents they have. So glad I don't work for CNHI anymore. They are by far, the worst. And I've worked for several.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

So CNHI is the JRC?

And there are a couple non-journalism companies that are worse than CNHI.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

This one hurts. They all hurt. This one makes you feel like a total dope for ever thinking there was some light at the end of the tunnel.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I understand that a job is better than no job, but working on your vacation, really?

Just remember, none of your top bosses would do the same and I'm gonna guess that you aren't being paid for your work hours and your vacation day. Or get some kind of bonus for getting the tab done on time.

Your bonus is you keep your job, at least for another day.

But what do you do? Make a stand, some dope right out of college and with zero experience will do your job for less. And, for that matter, some long-time hands are in worse situations and they'd do your job for less than you make now.

The situation just sucks.

7. tmayforth

tmayforth Member

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't know if this affects our shop or not, I'm off today too, but this is a unnecessary punch in the gut for CNHI employees right before Christmas.

Must be a debt payment they forgot about. I can't imagine what one day in the span of two weeks could do to help anything.

9. tmayforth

tmayforth Member

edited.

10. Mandatory furlough before Christmas ... why you ask? That's the last pay period for 2009. The VP claims the company needs to make a certain "financial" goal before year's end. To me, that screams gutless Alabama a$$hole$ are aiming for certain holiday/end-of-year bonuses. Deserved pats on the backs for ruining so many lives this year. Bunch of jackoffs!

11. Colton

Colton Active Member

Fuck with a capital F!!!

Was told by my publisher today this action produces more than $600,000 in immediate cash to make a bigger payment on the debt, which will lower its interest rate for 2010, therefore lowering the interest rate it is charged.

CNHI: The gift that keeps on giving — right up the... well, never mind.

12. writingump

writingump Member

Who will be next to implement a sudden furlough day before Christmas? My money's on Media General.

Draft saved Draft deleted