1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNHI's Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by kimronspringle, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Just announced today (Dec. 14), everybody gets a furlough day that must be taken before Dec. 25.

This on the day I am wokring on my first day of vacation to get the basketball tab done.

Merry Christmas.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They think they can treat the employees like dirt and the employees will just take it!

Oops, guess they are right. Carry on...

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Take the day off. Fuck the tab. If anyone gets on your case tell them you had to take a furlough.

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Exactly. Let someone else who is working put the tab together. Working on your off day is bad enough.

BTW, why are you doing a basketball tab now two months after the season started?

5. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

My guess is that he didn't have enough time to get it done during football season due to being so understaffed.

6. RickStain

Can't speak for him, but we do a "Winter Sports Tab" that usually ends up being put in an awful situation because of the different start dates. Wrestling and girls hockey start in mid-November, small-school boys basketball doesn't start until mid-December. No good day to run it.

7. Yes we are late on the basketball tab, but the season formally kicked off Dec. 11.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This.

Boss: "Kimron, why didn't you get the basketball tab done on time?"

Kimron: "Because I'm on vacation, and I had to take a furlough day as well."

'Nuff said.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Serious question: Do you sell ads for these things? If not, why not sprinkle the preview stuff throughout the month rather than waiting so everything is late?

10. RickStain

It's worse than you think: We just rerun the stuff we ran during the month.

11. SouthernStyle

SouthernStyle Member

yes. merry fucking christmas. while the fine folks in other industries are getting bonuses and hams, cnhi is handing out misery and heartache to its employees. and the great part is they waited until the last minute to tell everyone.

hope the wallet wasn't already tight this christmas from all the previous furloughs because we're gonna snatch a few more dollars out of your already empty pockets. would've been nice if we'd been warned so we could've trimmed our christmas budgets even more, but cnhi chose the sorry way as usual.

hope all the cnhi fat cats in birmingham have a nice christmas while their employees suffer through the holidays and into another round of furloughs. WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Who cares? Question is whether you sell ads or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted