1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNHI?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by kimronspringle, Aug 12, 2009.

1. It's been a while since there have been any CNHI postings. I was wondering if any fellow CNHIers had anything worth sharing about the upcoming last quarter.

I take it as a good sign that there have not been any postings.

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

or maybe cnhi honchos took away their internet access to save money

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

We're all waiting for the next shoe to drop for the fourth quarter.

I do know some corporate heavyweights are making the rounds this month.

And I have yet to see the occasion when that is a good thing.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

My shop is hiring (well, they have to because we only have two page designers right now and one's going to be on maternity leave in about five months) mainly because our new editor doesn't want to have to work weekends.

I don't think they're going to be able to do furloughs in the fourth quarter and if they do, I have no idea what I'm going to do. I work seven days a week, I have a week's worth of vacation that I'm taking at Christmas, which is literally the only week that I don't have a bajillion games. Can't take it at Thanksgiving, I have five college basketball games to cover that week. So I'm going to be stuck.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Two corporate higher-ups visited my paper yesterday.

Just a meet and greet according to the ME ... I hope.

6. They corporate sharks are in the water here, too. I hope there's not blood in the water now or after they're gone.

7. I know corporate was at my old shop within the past month as well.
    This cannot be a coincidence.

8. Colton

Colton Active Member

The sharks were swimming here today, too.

However, I have yet to be privy to what, if anything, is going on.

Yikes...

9. One was Donna Barrett, she of the newspapers can't continue to shed personnel and news hole article, then came the February purge

10. Colton

Colton Active Member

One and the same. I got my ass in some hot water when two other bigwigs (Bill Ketter and some Internet guy) came to my shop in March and I brought up that exact point. They took my personnel file with them when they left... fortunately, there was nothing in it, except positive performance reviews, so they conveniently never said another word about it.

Here's hoping I have the opportunity to ask her those questions to her face when she arrives in a couple of weeks. I'm betting I won't, though.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Anyone had anything go down at their shops? We had some spammer on our message boards (run by Hey! Martha or whatever it is) go and post that CNHI was going to pull the plug, but I'm not sure exactly how reliable the person is, since they also posted on other CNHI papers' boards a forum Web site and a bunch of smilies.

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

Wenders: Me hears the sharks are due here at my shop sometime this week. I will update you as soon as I hear/know something. Right now, we're all keeping our fingers crossed.

Draft saved Draft deleted