1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNHI second-quarter F days?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Colton, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Found out earlier today, too. Can't say I'm surprised.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

So do you have to take the five days all at once, or is it spread throughout the quarter?

Hell, if it was me, I'd take it all at once, use it as a vacation and then claim unemployment for that week, if your state allows for one-week filings.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

It's a choice to take five at once or spread them. In my state, spreading them screws up unemployment so I haven't been. Also taking one at a day lets them trickily sneak extra work in to compensate. Being absolutely incognito for a week makes that impossible.

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

Unfortunately, no unemployment in these parts.

One of the worst parts of this is if you take all 5 days at once, it hammers the people you work next to.

Just awful...

5. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

From my post at another, more humane chain, I'm really sorry, guys.

We got furloughed last year a bunch. We fought the layoffs, the pay freezes and job eliminations like everyone else.

But all that has stopped at our chain, at least for now.

That, and word that the Gannett pay freeze is ending, really has to make you wonder if you work at CNHI.

My suggestion would be get out if you can.

Draft saved Draft deleted