1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNHI second-quarter F days?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Colton, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

We were all but told to "expect" them for the second quarter, too.

Has anyone heard any whispers?

(greedy bastards)

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Haven't heard anything official. Actually haven't heard anything at all in 2010. But when they announced first quarter at the end of last year, someone asked about second quarter and our head honcho's answer was hopefully no but given what's happened the last several quarters it'd be unrealistic to think it wasn't probable.

That was before the surprise unpaid day during Christmas week. :'(

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

That surprise Christmas Bone-Us came with less than a week's notice, too. Grrrrrrrr.

4. Funny, I was just thinking about asking this question.

I thought since we hadn't heard anything yet that would be good news.

I guess I'm naive that way.

5. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

I've just assumed to expect them from here on out and picked up part time work being a painter, which actually pays me more than the damn newspaper.

6. Just got the word, five more days in the second quarter.

7. We're being told, as always, it is to "save jobs." Yet, I can't help but think this will just give us pee-ons more motivation to look elsewhere. So, maybe they should say "we're trying to eliminate jobs without firing/laying people off." I think that would at least be honest.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

Why won't CNHI show their financial report to their employees to prove they aren't lying? Especially when individual papers report growing profits?

9. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

By my math, if you take one furlough per pay period, you get just one normal-sized check per quarter. Every other one will have a day missing. No wonder our family budget was so messed up last year. This will be 21 days over five quarters, correct? Stay classy, CNHI.

10. Colton

Colton Active Member

Of course, they haven't told us here at my shop, yet.

Classy? CNHI? An oxymoron.

11. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

We haven't been told yet either. But once it's been reported on this board, it's just a matter of time, right? I don't think anyone's been wrong yet.

Just got the word today. Sigh.

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

We received The Word today, too.

(greedy bastards)

Draft saved Draft deleted