1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNHI rumors

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by doggieseatdoggies, Apr 23, 2009.

1. doggieseatdoggies

doggieseatdoggies New Member

Anyone out there hearing that on top of the 40-hour furloughs now in place through June 30 that the slashers are already polishing plans for a 10 percent salary cut July 1?

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

CNHI shop here. I have been told the furloughs are not expected to happen the next quarter... which would make this a perfect reason why.

Bastards.

3. doggieseatdoggies

doggieseatdoggies New Member

Of course. The C stands for Creative. I can't for the life of me figure why there's not a "B" in the acronym.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

No offense to anyone who happens to be stuck at one of those places, but I keep hoping they will just announce they are going out of business. Let someone with a clue take over.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

Actually, I prefer we be sold, thank you.

6. tmayforth

tmayforth Member

Yeah, that would be a better alternative.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Considering you'll probably make more at Burger King, isn't being laid off from CNHI a blessing?

8. tmayforth

tmayforth Member

Until you realize we'd be out of jobs.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If BK was hiring, yes.

Rick
    (made $24k/year as a BK assistant manager to help pay for college. Wife made $20.5k/year as an entry-level reporter at the same time at a CNHI shop)

10. The incompetence of CNHI is staggering. Any paper sold by it is bound to get better.

11. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

True, but who would buy it?

Draft saved Draft deleted