1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNHI ... Q1 ... you know how this ends

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SudburyPatch, Nov 16, 2011.

1. SudburyPatch

SudburyPatch Guest

Ran into two former co-workers who work at The Eagle-Tribune in North Andover. They just had another round of cuts a few weeks ago (entire security force was axed, among others), and they said they've already been told to prepare for more layoffs in Q1. Happy Fu&#ing New Year!

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Best thing that ever happened to me was getting laid off in the first round of layoffs CNHI did. I can't imagine having to live through round after round and furlough after furlough.... I definitely feel horrible for everyone at my old shop every time I here CNHI news....

3. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

It's a terrible company ran by even more terrible people. Nothing should surprise us anymore with CNHI.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

CNHI. That says it all. What a terrible company.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

sigh...

6. castnet4fish

castnet4fish New Member

it's official. Another round of furloughs in 2012 Q1. Five days this time. They tell us down in Texas that this is a way to save the company and that the east coast papers aren't turning a profit. Several jobs were cut already, positions that are necessary, I think

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

That's funny, they tell us up here that the rest of the company isn't hitting their targets and we are.

I guess they figure, we'd never, you know, actually talk to each other. Great motivational tactics by the publishers though. Sigh.

8. Rawbot

Rawbot Member

We're hearing the exact same things...while they continue to cut pages, color, people, deadlines, etc.

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

Just had it reaffirmed today, folks -- this site IS being monitored, so PLEASE be careful.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, heaven forbid someone should bitch about how cheap and poorly-managed they are.

Instead of worrying about, you know, making the company profitable and putting out good products, they're wasting time worrying that their employees are telling the truth about them on a web site.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

And knowing which shop you're talking about, so do I.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The key is to use your furlough days to your advantage. Example: i had to take a week in 4Q 2011, so I shotgunned them to minimize the pay hit. Then in mid-December, I hate to leave town on a family emergency and only had one day left to use. So that kind of stunk, but I had no way to plan for that.

Draft saved Draft deleted