1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNHI CEO Donna Barrett throws out first pitch at PNC Park

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Suicide Squeezer, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You mean they're not caught up from taking 17 furlough seasons in a row?

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Did she throw a 22-hopper to the plate?

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It's an undervalued asset in a sports-mad town. The Nuttings probably know that and won't sell low, I just wonder if they have the wherewithal (in terms of interest and finances) to get the team to be more successful, hence more valuable in a sale.

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

CNHIers: Please remember my words of caution from a while back. I know for a FACT this site is monitored by eyes in the CNHI sky.

For what it's worth, please proceed with caution.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Garry D. Howard mocks her unless she also took video of the whole thing and bragged about how awesome she was for doing it.

6. BaseballPress04

BaseballPress04 New Member

...Or Maybe the Pirates will understand that they need furlough days to keep their jobs. Most of the Pirates are surely smart enough to understand taking a few off days is much better than the roster being droped from 25 to 15. I don't know about you guys, but a bigger Christmas Fuck You would be not having a job. Let's face it, we are all employed in a dying industry.

7. ShiptoShore

ShiptoShore Member

It's Donna!

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Yawn. Anything I said here was said while on furlough and thus not employed, so it can't be used against me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

9. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Yes, DoctorFace. That is out of the question.

10. BUMP...

Last weekend some of friends at a CNHI paper had a severe storm that knocked out power and they were there 'til 6 a.m. putting the paper to the press.

CNHI, the same company that has furloughed it employees four days a quarter for two, three years and cut their pay ... and these guys are putting in 16-20 hour day.
    One guy made runs back and forth from his house to pull shit off his computer, save it to disk and bring it back to their office.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And let me guess ... corporate refused to pay the overtime? Or if they did, they bitched and moaned about it.

12. I have NO doubt they refused to pay OT. Doubt they'll even get comp time.

Draft saved Draft deleted