1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNHI at it again

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BostonSouthPaw, May 13, 2010.

1. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Just got the word today. ... revenue decline has slowed but we have not seen a sustained level ... price of newsprint is rising ... etc.

2. printdust

printdust New Member

It's very clear from all I hear and have heard is that they will never end it unless there is massive walkouts in its papers. They are sinking on the interest of the Alabama credit loan that helped them over expand and they'll never get that back. Unless they fail as a company, you guys in this pigpen are going to be married to furloughs for a long, long time.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Sorry to burst your dreams of unending wealth as you munch on popcorn from the press box. Life's a bitch sometimes.

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

I guess it goes without saying that everyone in my shop is feeling akin to a dog that's been kicked so many times it doesn't even flinch anymore -- it just turns to make itself a better target.

5. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

That basically was the reaction at our place, too. No one's surprised. No one really bitched like the last few times. Everyone just rolled their eyes and shrugged their shoulders. At least when people got mad you knew they cared.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Some dire financial straits the company appears to be in....

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=12702973

7. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Yeah, it truly must be a struggle for those corporate fat cats each and every day.

8. Colton

Colton Active Member

Meh...

9. I have a friend who thinks J-schools should stop accepting applicants for five years until things even out a (little) bit in the job market.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They should shut down completely. But why would they?

Draft saved Draft deleted