1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Club Volleyball 2016 Edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doctorquant, Jan 26, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Lotta these threads are turning into "Starman brags about random things" threads.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, we gotta put the hammer on that. Looking at the post I realize it has a astronomical WGAF level.

So, deleted.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's all right Starman, I don't mind. Lord knows I'm guilty of it.

Just so long as you don't start saying this nephew's smarter than you were as a teenager. We all know that'd be an impossibility! :D

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It ain't over!!!!!! DaughterQuant got way the hell better as the week went on so we challenged her with the "jump 40 times" bit yesterday. She did it with 'nary a hitch nor grimace, sheepishly admitting she'd tried and done it on Thursday.

She looked OK in warmups, but her coaches didn't give her a rotation until the last few points of the last match. I was so nervous I was almost sick, but she had a kill on her first point and didn't have any problems thereafter. Her coaches told her to get some ice on it and be ready to go full-tilt in bracket play tomorrow!

Draft saved Draft deleted