1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cloverfield

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Nov 15, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's why I liked it: The acting and camerawork were supposed to suck. It felt authentic--real authentic--and not Hollywood authentic, which is filtered thru various focus groups and know-nothing soulless fucks in suits.

I can only imagine seeing that before the buzz. I bet a lot of people were fucked up, like is this a fucking snuff film or what?

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I saw it during the day and was fucked up the rest of the day. I knew it wasn't real but was otherwise unsure what I'd just seen.

A few days later I pulled off maybe the best/shittiest prank of my career. A female friend came into town and I took her to see it. She'd never even heard of it and it freaked her the fuck out.

She was staying with me for the weekend, and I surreptitiously called a buddy in her town:

"Get a bundle of sticks about the size of a football and tie it up with twine. Leave it on her doorstep."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Trust me. Just do it."

She lived in a little house in the woods. I think if I had been there when she found it she would have murdered me on the spot.

3. I saw BWP opening night and was laughing 15 minutes in and had to leave the theater lest I incur the wrath of my fellow suckers.
    It was cheap, badly acted, and utterly, supremely stupid. It may have been the dumbest movie ever made that didn't star Adam Sandler.
    Three college students, lost in the wilds of Maryland (!), and, over and over again, they cross that goddamn river. Hey, geniuses, FOLLOW THE RIVER. It will lead you to a larger body of water around which, very likely, other people will live. It's still one of the most unintentionally funny movies I ever saw.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That big one looks like some mutated whale.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I like the idea of the monster lice, at least.

Maybe that's how they kill it...they rig a fire hose and blast it with Rid-X.

One thing I wish movie people would explain to me: Why do all giant mutated monsters have an instinctive urge to kill and destroy? Isn't it just as likely for some wayward abomination of nature to have the personality of a panda bear, lesbian dolphin or Raffi?

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Just saw it.
    It sucks.

7. A little more detail?

I don't mind spoilers. PM me.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Some of us do, though.

9. The missus wants to see it, but I'm afraid it's gonna suck.

Hopefully, I can talk her into "There Will Be Blood"

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it's no the client, that's for sure.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's not even a Ghost Ship for that matter.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Believe it or not, ijag, there is only one major issue we do the oil/water thing on.

Draft saved Draft deleted