1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cloverfield

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Nov 15, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Damn good viral marketing with that video, if nothing else. Never seen a video with Easter eggs built in before.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Supposedly the main attraction of Cloverfield is that it will include the first trailer for Star Trek.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

It'll be all downhill from there.

oh and isn't Abrams making the Star Trek movie too? What an egomanical douche.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If the trailers being leaked online (which "insiders" claim are "similar to but not identical" to the real trailer which will supposedly be released later this week) are any indication, it's certainly not worth $9.50 (or $1.50) to see it in a theater.

5. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I wouldn't call him a one-trick pony. I've never watched a single episode of Alias or Lost. But I thought Mission Impossible III, a film he actually directed, was a pretty damn entertaining movie. He didn't direct or write Cloverfield. He's just a producer, just as he was on Joy Ride, The Pallbearer and Regarding Henry.

I love Godzilla and mega-monster movies in general, but I've gotten so sick of the Cloverfield hype, I'll probably just wait until it shows up on HBO or pay $1.99 for it on the last chance channel on Dish.

6. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Maybe it's a giant rabbit, eating people as if they are a "Cloverfield."

7. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

you mean like this one?

[​IMG]

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

69% positive response from critics, audiences loved it, grossed close to $60 million and made money for everybody involved. Not bad for a late-August movie.

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I was thinking more along the lines of this:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's going to suck like The Blair Witch Project sucked. It's going to suck like Alias sucked after the second season. It's going to suck like the second season of Heroes.

And I'll be there watching it suck.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Exactly...

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

A crummy commercial?

Draft saved Draft deleted