1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clothing sizes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shoeless Joe, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I'm glad I don't have to wear suits anymore. Try matching a 50 regular jacket with 36-waist pants. Fortunately when I did have to wear suits I found a store that sold separates.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Now I need to know how tall Creosote is.
    I'm average height, 5-11, and have short legs, 29-30 pants.
    I'm all torso.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

He's a hobbit.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

He's a hobbit with legs that are out of proportion with his height.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Damn, that's funny.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What bothers me is when items within the same brand are size differently.

I went to Eddie Bauer the other day for a storewide 30-percent off sale. I'm 6-3 and wear XL in everything I've ever bought at the store. I decide to grab a First Ascent fleece pullover. The clerk tells me it runs a bit small, so I try on the XL and it's almost Under Armour tight. I size up to XXL and try it on. The overall fit is great - except the hem of the fleece barely brushes the top of my jeans. So I grab an XXLT and it's the right torso length, but then the sleeves were too long.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I've got two Calvin Klein suits, both bought from the same store on the same day. Same price. Same size. Same model. And yet one pair of pants perfectly breaks over my shoes, while the other bunches up so bad at the bottom that I need to get to a tailor at some point so I stop looking like I'm a kid wearing my dad's pants.

8. Mizzou forgot to note that he does indeed pop his collars.

9. Just so the girls understand. When it comes to women's sizes - men have an idea what DD means in bra sizes but they have NO IDEA what size dress you wear.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nah, he was at Mizzou in the pre-SEC days.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Based on posts within this forum, a lot of men think they know cup sizes but don't.

12. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Sure we do.

Six.

Draft saved Draft deleted