1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cloris Leachman: I almost did Ed Asner....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

....but I did do Gene Hackman, and it was awesome.

Her forthcoming memoir seems like it might be just trashy enough to pick up.

Regarding Mean Gene:

(S)he recalls bumping into Gene Hackman while both were shooting movies in San Francisco in the 1970s and dining with him at their hotel.

"As we moved into the main course, it was as if a cosmic wind enveloped us. Some giant space magnet was pulling us together," Leachman writes. "We didn't finish the meal. We went upstairs, flew into bed and made love. It was epic. And the next morning, Gene went back to his film and I went back to mine. I haven't seen Gene since that night, but I remember well the feisty lad he was."

Even better is the Ed Asner anecdote. Sadly, Cloris never got to find out first-hand what Lou Grant really thought about "spunk":

"One day we made an agreement that I would have sex with him if he lost 32 pounds," Leachman writes of Asner. "He almost did it; he lost 29 pounds. We both got so disoriented at what we were facing that his weight shot back up, and our assignation never happened."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/26/cloris-leachman-tells-of_n_179420.html

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Seriously? Two Academy Award winning actors have had no occasion to cross paths in 30-odd years? Not on a movie set, not at an awards show, nowhere?

Then again, Leachman hasn't done much worth a damn since "The Muppet Movie" in 1979 ...

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If I'm Ed Asner, knowing about that deal with Cloris, I head out for a Big Mac and fries once I approach the 32-pound weight loss threshold ... :)

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Does anyone really need to know this? Or want to?

Unfortunately, I think I know the answers...

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

She is hilarious. I'd read the book.

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

He vass my ... BOYFRIEND!!

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The only surprise is the word "almost."

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Cloris Leachman was the blonde prostitute Paul Newman nearly beds in Butch Cassidy before Sundance comes running back in the room to tell him Lord Baltimore and his crew are coming back. My point being, she used to be smoking hot.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

They were both in Young Frankenstein, right? Didn't Gene Hackman play the blind peasant? I suppose that doesn't mean they crossed paths on that set, but still.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Aah Cloris..........my favorite BAVARIAN WWWHHHHHHHORRRRRRREEEEEEEEE.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

AAAIIIIEEEEEEE! Get the mental image out of my head now!

12. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Lou Grant definitely dropped some lbs over the years on the Mary Tyler Moore Show. Now we know why.

And Phyllis (and Mary, and Rhoda) was hot. Her hilariousness only made her more so.

Draft saved Draft deleted