1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clooney is Cool...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Mar 1, 2012.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Saw him on Inside the Actors Studio last week. Said he never wears makeup. Thought that was interesting.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Agreed. I mean, when you think about it, Brady is kind of boring. Married. Kids. Bleh. Yeah, he's got a silly wife and vacations at great spots, but he's nowhere near Jeter-level as far as...whatever you wanna call it...coolness?....is concerned. Besides, anyone you pick to switch places with will have the silly wife/girlfriend and nice vacations.

I'd definitely put Jeter or JT ahead of Brady. Way ahead. Clooney, too.

3. I agree. I should have noted that it'd be pre-kids, marriage Brady. Brady right after they won the second Super Bowl or so.

But I've always said Jeter is 1, Clooney 2 and JT 3.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd love to see a side-by-side-by-side list of the women Clooney, Jeter and JT have dated...

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I read that Esq. article around Christmas time and it was enlightening as well. He'll always be that pediatrician on ER in my mind.

Since he was considered so good looking I did not give him much of a look but it appears that he's one of those few who is not only a superstar but cool as well (as opposed to being a ego-driven, self-centered prick).

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Don't post any more pictures of someone's rear end, no matter how nice the rear. Post a LINK and MARK IT CLEARLY NSFW.
    Jesus.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Matt Damon is in the conversation, but it is a short list.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Nice!

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Hijacked into a mancrush thread... alright.

10. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Especially given that his father ran for Congress in '04 and lost, I can't imagine why Clooney would ever run for office.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I'm amazed at the lack of skepticism expressed here about what a public figures says for public consumption. Why is that?

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't remember where I read it, but someone said, "The definition of a true movie star is someone who men want to be and women want to sleep with."

I doubt there are 10 people who fit that criteria, and maybe another 5-7 where it's arguable.

It definitely applies to Clooney.

Draft saved Draft deleted