1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clock ticking on Palin entry

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 26, 2011.

?

Will Sarah Palin run for president in 2012?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    89.3%
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have no real problem with Carlton. I actually like prodding him. I think he's good people who needs to occasionally be reigned in.

2. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

And maybe, some day, you will be able to find someone that can reign me in :)

3. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Sarah Palin is damned if she runs and damned if she doesn't.

I think even the staunchest conservatives here believe that if Palin runs for President, she'll lose, and likely lose big. That would take a whole lot of luster off her brand. After all, the documentary film made about her is called "The Undefeated."

If she doesn't run, she could still make money as a Fox News talking head and author because she knows how to push people's buttons on both the left and the right, which is the key to selling books and getting TV ratings. But she'll never again have it as good as she had it the last 2 years because she won't have the loyal fans following her every move, word or tweet. People tend not to be as rabid about a cause if they don't believe the cause can ever come to fruition.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My issue is that I don't like the "extreme" members of either party. I put Bachmann, Santorum and maybe Gingrich into that category. I don't put Perry there, although I know a lot of you do...

5. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I rarely talk politics but I think Palin in the race makes it so much more interesting. I was at a breakfast with my mom and some family members and we were just casually mentioning topics of the day and the state of the country. Perry's name came up, Bachmann's, Romney, Huckabee. Obama. Nothing. Palin and the table exploded in conversation - everyone from 13 years on up. Was very interesting to me to see one name cause so much banter.

6. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I actually see her playing Kingmaker and endorsing Rick Perry...which will help her brand when he wins the election. I do not see her sabotaging anyone on the right if it means a second term for Obama.

7. Mizzougrad96

I agree with this. She's much, much better off not running and working for Fox News and pretending to consider a run every four years or so.

I don't hate her. I see her as a less extreme, less intelligent version of Bachmann, but I don't want her as president and of the top five candidates on the GOP side, she is the one who has almost zero chance against Obama in the general election.

8. Mizzougrad96

The best thing about a Palin run is that it would mean the end for Bachmann.

9. Dick Whitman

In our defense, he has made a calculated decision to package himself that way right now.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

REINED in. REINED. Unless he'd benefit from having a monarch inside him. (TWSS)

OK, done being an asshole for the moment.

11. Dick Whitman

Saved again by the desk.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Just doin' my job.

Draft saved Draft deleted