1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clock ticking on Palin entry

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 26, 2011.

?

Will Sarah Palin run for president in 2012?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    89.3%
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I know that this is an overtly political thread, but I think we've been really well-behaved lately with them, even on hot-button wedge issues, and I also think that the GOP race is pretty much dominating the news coverage these days as people wait to see the field settled.

Anyway, Politico writes about what we all kind of know - that Sarah Palin has to decide pretty soon what to do.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/62090.html

The other night on "The Daily Show," Michael Steele called Palin a "good friend" and said that he didn't think she would run. In fact, he forecast no new entries.

Thoughts?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's fairly common knowledge that she has some announcement in Iowa next week.

I figure she's either running for president or is announcing Trig's new reality show.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

She's going to end up being a QVC regular with a line of patriotic (yet tasteful and elegant) flag pins.

4. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Guessing most Republicans hope she doesn't run, but it would be a lot more fun for everyone (read media) if she did run.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

All Palin running would do is ensure Romney's nomination.

7. Dick Whitman

You think she cuts into Perry that much? Obviously she cuts into Bachmann.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

She won't run because a loss makes her irrelevant and her potential income declines.

9. Dick Whitman

What is her big Iowa announcement then?

Like I've always said, she has to always hold out the possibility that she's going to run. It's the only thing that keeps her relevant as a celebrity with a following. Otherwise, she's Geraldine Ferraro.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Bingo.

Although I think her sell-by date as a pundit is also coming very quickly. If she's no threat to run for anything, she has fans, but no more constituency.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

PRecisely. And don't be surprised if she ever so subtlely (for her) undermines whoever does get the GOP nomination. A Republican in the White House is mega-financial damage to the Palin brand.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I actually think Dick was being genuine in his hope that this thread remains civil.

He can hardly be blamed for Starman being Starman.

Draft saved Draft deleted