1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clinton vs. Fox News

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-Backs Hack, Sep 23, 2006.

1. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In government, domestic policy is the counterpart of foreign policy; it consists of all government policy decisions, programs, and actions that primarily deal with internal matters, as opposed to relations with other nation-states. Major areas of domestic policy include tax policy, social security and welfare programs, environmental laws, and regulations on businesses and their practices.

Most of these items are specifically dependent on Congress and the Senate to approve or change/modify. The presidents role in domestic policy is to be a guide not a policy maker. Because of the checks and balance systems that our government employs the president does not have as much direct control or impact in this area as he does with national defense, international relations and nationalism.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just want to know why the Bush/Ohio State fanboy keeps using the word "Hench" instead of hence.

3. You know, if you put 100 monkeys at keyboards, sooner or later one of them will write the Encyclopedia Britannica. But most of them will write like our new baby troll.
    I never thought I'd be nostalgic for mlb, but this is a freaking nightmare.

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

My favorite part of this thread, outside of the glorious spelling on display, was lyman checking in to make sure everyone caught the fact that the economy would've taken a hit in 2002 no matter who was president.

Just making up arguments so he can post.

Here's the problem: On top of that market dip, you had a war and a terrorist attack. And your president, who speaks and thinks as well as that indiansnetwork guy spells, went ahead with his dumbshit tax cuts and pushed through massive spending measures at the same time.

Real smart. But then, we've come to expect GWB looking out for himself and his boys while pissing on all the rest of us.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

We now know what happened to BWB after three years...

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

WTF!?! Are you accusing me of a being a right-wing conservative?

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Clinton lost his compsure and yelled at Wallace, a sure sign he knew he was losing.

And since you brought up term limts, if it weren't for term limits, Clinton never would have been president. Reagan still would have been prez through the first half of the 90s.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Yep, that's the only reason Clinton could have been upset. Not because Wallace brought up a topic and then wouldn't let him defend himself, instead suggesting they move on to another point of discussion.

And to suggest Reagan would have been president in the 90s is a little laughable. As much as I respected him, he was already slipping near the end of his second term.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Reagan would have won in landslides in both 88 and 92. Anyone who won't admit that is self-delusional.

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I will concede 88, but by 92 he would have been toast.

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Ronald Reagan was a president who had the ability to bluff like no other. He is almost single handily responsible for the break up of the Soviet Union. Now only if we had a president between Reagan and George W. Bush that had paid attention to the selling of their technology and ideology we could be sitting pretty. Instead we had a president worried about polls, avoiding many scandals and defending why he was getting a blow job from a intern.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Let's try it another way: Without term limits, we all would've been much happier, healthier and generally better off with Clinton in office over the past eight years.

And there's little arguing that.

Draft saved Draft deleted