1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clinton vs. Fox News

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-Backs Hack, Sep 23, 2006.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, gee, I wonder why that is.

A 24-hour news cycle and the internet didn't exist when Nixon and Ford and Carter were in office.

Reagan . . . became ill soon after leaving office and wasn't exactly in a position to defend his policies.

Bush41 . . . is too busy trying to defend his incompetent son. And didn't really have a whole lot of "policies" that have been scrutinized, anyway. His signature moment was Gulf War I, which most people agreed was the right thing to do. Dems aren't constantly attacking Bush41, so what does he need to defend?

That leaves Clinton . . . who is only forced to "defend" anything because of an opposition party that is freaking obsessed with him.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . and whose first mistake was to go out of their way to disagree/go against EVERYTHING
    Clinton stood for, policywise.

3. Gold

Gold Active Member

No Boom. What Clinton said in My Life was that he did try to get bin Laden. That doesn't contradict that statement listed above, it supports it. This was after the WTC bombing in 1993. Clinton said at first, they thought bin Laden was just financing terror attacks against the US but then they realized he was active in recruiting people. And for all I criticize Bush, I would wager there have been efforts to get bin Laden. He's not going to go public about it and he can't just send soldiers into Pakistan, where OBL is most likely to be, because that would cause the government of Pakistan to fall into the hands of people a lot less favorable to us.

There was an author (I think it was John Toland, and I think the title of the book was The Last 100 Days) who described from trying to piece accounts the last month of Adolf Hitler. When you read that book, you realize how difficult it is to take action and find an individual leader. Arafat was always on the move and never slept in the same place two nights in a row - not only did he have to worry about Israel, which had the best spies in the world, but Arafat had to worry about rival Palestinian groups.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

BT ... head for the hills.

Boom legitimately could have you arrested for assault with a deadly weapon for that one.

I mean, logic IS a deadly weapon against an extremist right-winger, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted