1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clinton shows racist tendency

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Can we please stop, I beg you all, with the Hillary=Nixon/Rove stuff? It's straight out of the Arkansas Project playbook. She is running a tough campaign. She is hitting Obama inbounds. Obama's ju-jitsu "Attacks Upon Me Demonstrate Why We Need To Go Beyond Politics" stick is no less political.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

well for fuck's sake. thanks for making your desires known. everything is so clear now.

everybody else on this board will begin posting exactly how you wish post-haste, because it is all about you.

please feel free to begin adding your own rules, too, because we really do give two shits about what you want.

3. Can we just send him out for beers now?

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm gonna hit him upside the head with a damned beer in a few seconds.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If our new fellow thinks HRC is a "lefty", I can't imagine what he would have thought of Trudeau when he was our PM.

Now, THERE was a dyed in the wool liberal. And fucking proud of it.

The Clintons always struck me as enormously pragmatic.

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Newbie or not, SigR made a worthwhile contribution to the discussion and instead of responding to the content of his post, people picked on silly, insignificant details. Happens often on this board, and it's bullshit. Long-time members who feel the need to stick it to the newcomers are almost as annoying as trolls.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

But how many of them were started by the newbies (not this one)? And how many were started by posters wanting to be smartasses (this one)?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

maybe you should go read the fourth post of this thread. it kind of knocks the shit out of your premise.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Tomas, the above is the fourth post of this thread.

Never mind, I'm retarded. I get what you're saying.

And I don't think the above negates his point. His last sentence may not apply, but the others sure do. Of the two people who have actually talked about the subject of the thread, neither received an actual thought-out response to their posts.

10. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

You're gonna have to explain that one.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What are we talking about, now?

I had to go out for beer.

12. SigR

SigR Member

Hillary will become more centrist to get elected. It'd be interesting to see if she remains centrist as president like Bill did or if she reverts to her leftist ideals as she voted in the Senate.

Though, I can see an argument made that she voted with a 2008 presidential run in mind from the beginning--securing the liberal base with her "past" for the primary and then shifting toward center--or even right of center--if she becomes the democratic nominee, to grab as many centrists as she can. Where she *actually* falls with her ideas on the political spectrum might be hard to really know.

Pragmatic does seem like a good description, especially when you've got Bill on your side (theoretically).

And in the end, I agree that she is no different than a republican who is no different than a democrat. They want to steal your money and spend it. They just have slightly different wish lists.

Draft saved Draft deleted