1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clinton Portis, dog lover

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, May 22, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If he attended the fights and they were held on his property, then he bears some responsibility for them. In that case, he would be providing the arena, thus playing a role in the abuse of these animals.

And zag, there is a difference between humans choosing to fight and animals being bred and forced to tear each other apart.

I'm not so sure I take anything Portis says seriously, but at best this was dumb. And as mentioned above, Chris Samuels was the guy next to him laughing in the interview.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To be fair, there are lots of people who don't see a problem with dog fighting. Just as there are lots of people who would eagerly pay to see two humans beat each other to death.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I hope Clinton Portis and Vick both get bit in the kneecap by one of their dogs.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I believe the Supreme Court already made that clear in the Dred Scott case.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This is, of course, nonsense.

People have a choice. If they want to get in a ring and rip each other to pieces, I'm disgusted, but I don't need to watch.

Dogs being bred and trained to kill each other is simply disgusting, and there is no possible justification for it.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I believe the Dred Scott Case was over ruled in a later case called North v. South

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. Are you referring to the War of Northern Aggression?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nope. Sorry, the winners get to name it, not the losers. :)

9. IU90

IU90 Member

Ace, I presume you're just fomenting argument and actually can see the obvious HUGE distinctions between the two. Starting with the fact that with one the fighters are voluntarily stepping in the ring, getting paid for their efforts, and can quit anytime they want; contrasted with the other being forced into it simply to satisfy the jollies of their abusive malicious fucked-in-the head owners.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am just pointing out that although I believe Clinton Portis is wrong, to treat it like its some way-out crazy statement is also wrong because there are lots of people who get a kick out of dog fighting, rooster fighting, snake and mongoose fighting, etc.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Did anyone see Vick acting like a complete punk during a brief TV interview at some Falcons charity function last night?

He managed to refer to himself in the third person, say everyone supports him and sound completely drunk all at the same time, all in about 20 seconds. Then he's asked if he'll be exonerated, and he glares at the reporter, as if trying to figure out what exonerated means. Then he says "Man, no comment."

What a piece of shit.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Haha, I was thinking the same thing: I bet he said no comment because he doesn't know what "exonerated" means.

Draft saved Draft deleted