1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clinton: Obama "perpetuating falsehoods"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by writing irish, Feb 23, 2008.

1. She's campaigning, Ben, and his answers have been, frankly, a bit airy and arrogant. I know he has substantive policies and achievements -- unlike most pundits, I can find a website -- but this above-it-all shtick isn't going to fly for long. And, yes, I believe she was hemmed in by her gender in her ability to campaign toughly and defend herself toughly.
    And THIS is a dirty trick.
    http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/02/todays_must_read_283.php
    Read all the way to the bottom, where the Alabama YV station blacked out the segment.
    Welcome to fucking Russia.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yes she is.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's playing the front-runner's game . . . which she was playing . . . when she was . . . ummmm . . . the front-runner. Ah, I remember it, well.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And that is a dirty trick!

There would have been a few high points if the South had won. Not feeling
    any responsibility for the conduct of "responsible" people, in certain states, would have been one of them.

5. Passports to get the New Orleans would have been inconvenient, though.
    This, on Nader, is much, much better:

"His view is, unless it's Ralph Nader, that you're not tough enough on any of these issues," Obama said Sunday after a tour of the National Gypsum plant in Lorain, Ohio. "He thought that there was no difference between Al Gore and George Bush, and eight years later I think people realize that Ralph did not know what he was talking about."

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

The most depressing part of the 60 Minutes piece is that 52 former state attorneys general, of both parties, have written Congress, requesting an investigation.

Kathleen Willey and, from the afterlife, Jim McDougal say hello on this, by the way.

A dubious, politically-motivated prosecution involving a member of the party that now controls Congress. And Congress is waiting on, what, exactly, to investigate?

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ding, ding, ding.

The guy comes up with concise, appropriate answers.

Which is part and parcel of one of the guy's main advantages: the contrast between BO's diction and Fredo's is dumbfounding.

8. And this is as good as it gets and makes me proud to have voted for him. In re: the "patriotism card":

"The party that presided over a war in which our troops did not get the body armor they needed, or were sending troops over who were untrained because of poor planning, or are not fulfilling the veterans' benefits that these troops need when they come home, or are undermining our Constitution with warrantless wiretaps that are unnecessary? That is a debate I am very happy to have. We'll see what the American people think is the true definition of patriotism."

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

And is it possible this is why he stopped wearing them in the first place?

Hook, line, sinker.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The rope-a-dope still works.

And I DO mean "dope(s)".

11. It's a great response.
    We'll see how it plays to Swift Boat America.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Obama's response is too long for certain voters to comprehend. Their attention spans will only be able to focus on "Not wearing the flag! Unpatriotic!"

Draft saved Draft deleted