1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clinton gets misty — coverage called 'ridiculous'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Jan 8, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Our liberal media are hard at work — again. Destroy Gore, now take down Hillary.

I didn't watch the debate, I didn't see the "moment" as some are calling it, but CJR doesn't think much of the national coverage.

http://www.cjr.org/campaign_desk/play_misty_for_me_1.php

Then you have this
    http://www.cjr.org/campaign_desk/bill_clinton_media_critic.php

And don't forget this exchange between Howie Kurtz and Dana Millbank

Is anyone really surprised?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

She's not a likeable person. Period.
    Not saying Obama's warm and fuzzy, but Hillary is just not likeable.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Waaah! I didn't win Iowa! Waaah! I can't ride my husband's coattails to the presidency!

4. yep, this instance means the media isn't liberal.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Zoinks!

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The media is ridiculously liberal. But that doesn't mean they might not be a little kinder to a candidate from either party who is accessible and pleasant to deal with... Hillary is neither. The first part isn't her fault. The second part is...

7. That's too bad you say that, Mizzou. I was hoping that the 50:1 liberal/conservative ratio on this site would barrage this thread to say how conservative the media is.
    A beautiful piece of irony...ruined.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Bill Clinton's petulant argument gets rebuffed pretty well here:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0108/Obama_vs_Bill_on_the_media.html

If the big gotcha moment is that Obama, on the eve of the 2004 convention, was concilliatory in his comments regarding Iraq toward Edwards and Kerry, then Hillary is really in trouble. And, it's worth noting, it was the dirty "liberal media" that even put the question to Obama in the first place, way back in 2004.

I'm no fan of Russert's but I watched him ask Obama all these questions not two weeks ago on Meet the Press. For Bill Clinton to suggest they haven't been asked reeks of desperation.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Not likeable is being kind.

The more accurate description might be: coldhearted, steely eyed queen bitch who would gladly step on you and put a high heel through your aorta to get what she wants (although I'm not sure she goes with heels).

The problem with her playing misty for US is here's the first time she's facing adversity and the tears start welling.

Americans don't want to see their leaders cry and show emotion. Especially not in times of adversity. We'll do that on our own thank you. Our fearless leaders? Well, let's just keep it together, brave face to the world and all.

One side question for you to muse about: did Margaret Thatcher ever cry in public?

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Only once I can recall, when she lost the leadership of the party and the country.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Is anyone else just genuinely mystified at the lack of a coherent response to getting beat in Iowa coming from the Clinton camp?

They have had days now, and they're just all over the place.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They can't handle their misplaced sense of entitlement?

Draft saved Draft deleted