1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clinton concedes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Jun 7, 2008.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

MSN.com reporting the Hildebeast bows out

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24993082/?GT1=43001[flash=200,200][/flash]

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Re: BREAKING: CLINTON CONCEDES

http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/clinton-bows-out-urges-supporters-to-help-obama-2008-06-07.html

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Haven't we known since Thursday that this was happening today?

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fixed.

5. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. shockey

shockey Active Member

the tv pundits are raving about the brilliance of hillary's unifying concession speech. i call b.s.

four days too late. shoulda come tuesday night, when everyone was paying attention and obama's winning was fresh. woulda seemed much more sincere. instead, we get this on a june saturday when relatively no one is paying attention.

this came off to me as simply a political move designed with an eye to a v.p. bid after four days of consulting with every dem under the sun.

i don't buy hillary for a second.

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Can we please put the Clinton Rules away from one second? Can she even concede without someone thinking there's something sinister behind it?

That's about as full-blown of an endorsement of Obama you can get. I don't know how you can read that speech and not think she's exiting with class. Easily the best speech she's ever given.

Also, Obama is evidently taking on a number of members of her campaign staff.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

She still wanted her one last day alone in the spotlight.

It's not about me, let's talk about you ... what do you think of me?

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Yes, because Hillary Clinton is the first candidate to give a concession speech in a hall crowded with supporters and the cameras rolling.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

gimme a break. it took four freakin' days to do what she should have done tuesday night. i just ain't buying.

and she may have even used the delay to politic it into the vp nod, with some staffers joining the obama staff.

personnally, i judge reactions right after a loss a lot more seriously than those displayed after a cooling down period that lasts 24 hours or more.

tuesday night was the genuine hillary, imo. today was the political animal that is hillary. yuck.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

As someone who backs Obama and was furious with Hillary Clinton this year more times than I can count, that was the classy, gracious concession that you expect from someone of her stature.

She was forced into it politically, sure. And I hope Barack doesn't put her on the ticket.

But give the woman her due. For today, she was classy.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I don't think the Democratic Party really wants Hillary as VP, and I don't really think she wants it (or should want it) either.

With the imminent departure of Ted Kennedy, Hillary is in line to become one of the leading voices of liberal/progressive activism in the Democratic Party. In the Senate, where she's building seniority, she'll still be pretty powerful and visible. As VP, barring of course the unimaginable (ya right), she's basically locked away in a closet.

Draft saved Draft deleted