1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Climate Change

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Feb 1, 2007.

1. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

I don't know if its happening or not, but I'd be a lot fucking happier of these same scientists, who know what's happening 100 years from now, could get their god damn five-day forecast to be somewhat more accurate. Then I might start running for the high land.

2. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Yeah, I'm already feeling filthy for giving my $0.02 to the rhetorical equivalent of a developmentally disabled grade schooler with a loaded gun.

So I'll go now and meet up with my fellow liberals in the underground liberalry, where we'll use our awesome political power and influence to spread lies, defame the constitution, mock god and put pickles on your quarter-pounder when you specifically requested no pickles. Yes, we're the guys who do that.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I really think you liberals should do something really cool for your next act of conspiracy, like getting MTV to start playing music videos again.

4. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

That would take an act of the Illuminati, not us mere liberals.

And if you really do want to go back to hour-by-hour displays of My Chemical Romance videos or whatnot, be my guest. I'd say between that and "Three Girls, A Guy, And A Pygmy Goat" - or whatever their latest "reality" dating show is - it all amounts to a push.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Even anecdotally, I think the fact that it's the coldest air in a decade supports the science!

6. Inky_Wretch

Well, as much as I love me some emo (that is an emo band, right?) I prefer to see them pile all the music videos into iTunes, put it on shuffle and just let it play.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And the fact that the world has warmed and cooled in cycles throughout its history long before man ever arrived continues to be ignored. Y'all have a blissful day.

8. Inky_Wretch

Tony, we've moved to another topic here.

What are your thoughts on the conspiracy to get MTV to play music videos again?

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That, like global warming, is not going to happen. MTV now thinks it's a real network despite never targeting an audience over 12. Of course, they're not too far off since real networks mostly target the 15-year-old crowd.

Remember, the first word in Music Television (MTV) is music. They were going to change it but consumer research found that RCFRTV (Really Crappy Faux Reality Television) was too clunky for a network name.

10. Inky_Wretch

And to put this topic back on point, from the damned Bilderburgers, Skull & Bones and the bastards who replaced McCartney with a look-a-like after Paul was killed in a car crash...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070201/ap_on_sc/france_climate_change

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Damn, Inky, why would you post such idiotic nonsense? I mean, scientists say this happening? That's the best you've got?

Old tony has spoken here. It's warming and cooling cycles that are causing this whole "global warming" fairy tale. Piss on a bunch of scientists. I'll take the word of a sports writer posting under a false name on a message board every time.

12. A glacier once covered where I'm sitting right now. Did humans cause global warming back then, too?

I'm not denying it's happening. I'm just a bit skeptical of those who say it's the fault of lil' ol' man. (And of those who say it's the fault of lil' ol' American man, but not lil' ol' Chinese man, who's pouring more crap into the air than anybody on this side of the pond.)

Oh, and MTV sucks now. Play some videos, damnit.

Draft saved Draft deleted