1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Climate Change

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Feb 1, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Is it just me, or has this topic taken off like mad in the mainstream media in the last month or so?

In Canada anyway, people are predicting the next federal election willbe won and lost on this issue.

I just read a report that "climate change" and "emissions" is the No. 1 factor for Canadians when buying a new car.

Gore is up for a Nobel prize - I think? (I just caught the end of the story on the news).

It just seems like it's everywhere right now. Not that I'm complaining.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

The environment is the new gay marriage.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

About fricking time. Too bad it took an unrelated phenomenon that made our weather go all cuckoo (El Niño) to put it on the front burner. You'd have thought something like the 2005 hurricane season would've helped it along.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Last Saturday, The Globe & Mail devoted almost all of the front section including the front page on the subject. Numerous articles, visuals, etc. It was in-depth coverage.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yeah nothing bad can come of all the coverage. 'course that doesn't mean something good will come out of it, but it has to start somewhere.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Perfect illustration of the liberal mantra that if you repeat a lie often enough it becomes perceived as truth.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Meanwhile, the coldest air in a decade is moving into the midwest for next week. Try melting those polar ice caps with minus-20 temperatures.

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

He's right. When the earth is cooking like an egg, Jesus will save us. ::)

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yep, all those scientists are working in a secret cabal to manufacture data to fool people into thinking global warming is real. It's likely Skull & Bones behind it or the Bilderburgers. ::)

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Tony, as always, you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

The only people left who don't believe that climate change is a real problem that needs to be addressed are pretty much the same people who believe in Intelligent Design.

10. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

This really doesn't deserve a response...so I won't respond.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I did it for you. :)

12. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Much obliged. Just don't always like responding to general buffoonery. I'll let others do it in a much funnier and brighter way.

Draft saved Draft deleted