1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Climate Change? Nahhh ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Oct 23, 2015.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's 73 degrees outside, in mid-January. Big old honking line of thunderstorms is maybe 45 minutes out. We've been getting wind gusts up to 35 mph or so.

They're predicting severe rain with straight line winds of 70 mph as the storm front passes, with a side order of possible tornadoes. Oh, happy day.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/irondale-al/35210/weather-radar/2231294

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We had that yesterday. Felt like spring - tornado warnings included. Now it’s 29 degrees and sleeting.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I was in Nashville today and drove home four and a half hours in the middle of it every second of the way. The weather was bad enough, but compound that times 10,000 because of truckers. That was one of the most stressful things I've ever done in my life, and I've been in hurricanes and shot at. I've driven in similar situations a hundred times but never for that duration. It was bad.

maumann likes this.
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The Taal Volcano will save civilization.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Bees would go there, but there's nothing to pollinate, and therefore no ecosystem to save.

pollinators > heart transplanters

Thus, by default, canceling our bid as "top species."

8. Driftwood

It's Feb. 2 ... Groundhog Day ... Super Bowl Sunday.
    It was 62 degrees here today.
    A decade ago, I didn't need a cooler for Super Bowl parties. We'd just sit the beer out on the front porch because it was cold enough.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It was 73 in Denver today. One snowstorm since Thanksgiving. Snow and subzero temps by Tuesday morning.

10. Driftwood

We are looking at a winter without snow.
    It's supposed to be 60+ every day through Thursday and not get below freezing the next seven days.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted