1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Climate Change? Nahhh ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Was just told my our fave market TV meteorologist that DFW was bang-on the local average high and low for the date today: 67ºF and 48ºF.

3. Twirling Time

"The data includes samples from the world’s five major gyres, or current systems, which sweep particles from inhabited areas to create large collections of refuse. The best known of these is the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, where plastics float slightly below the surface."

A massive opportunity to plow into these repositories of profit. Until Ragu pisses all over it by decrying a flooding of the market for recycled products.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

5. Twirling Time

The news report puts exactly in voice the difficulties that continental U.S. Southern communities have with winter weather. It's not the snow, it's the ice.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

happy anniversary

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don’t know if this is true, but I once heard that Louisiana puts water on its icy roads. Easy to laugh at… but I’m guessing it’s hot water in a bid to raise the road temp? I’d think that only works in situations where it’s just about freezing.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Because everyone wants to know what happens when you throw boiling water out of a window in Siberia . . .

dixiehack likes this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted