1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cliff Lee- Your AL Cy Young winner

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by prezclinton, Nov 13, 2008.

1. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

In other news, Clay Aiken is gay.

2. Joe Morgan is livid.
  3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And four people need to be banned from press boxes:

4. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Halladay had a good year, but that's kind of ridiculous. Lee had the best year of any pitcher in a long time, especially considering how bad that team was during stretches.
  5. Which is worse: Voting Halladay first or someone giving Dale Sveum a third-place vote for NL Manager of the Year.
  6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Mariotti yesterday wanted to know who left Lincecum off the ballot entirely.

Limpy Paige raised his hand, grinning like he was buttering the bread that got him the ESPN gig in the first place. I can't imagine he has a vote.... does he?

Whoever it was must have privileges revoked.

Bad refs get demoted all the time. Voters should be treated the same way.
  7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Wish we could've done the same to Bush voters. :D
  8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I don't think it is so far off that Halladay got consideration for the Cy (hell if he had any offensive support in the first half of the season his numbers may have been a lot closer to Lee's, hell he had more complete game losses of the 2-1 variety than most pitchers had complete games), although there is no question that Lee was the rightful winner. But I find it rediculous that Sveum got even one third place vote for NL manager of the year.
  9. Please take the ballots away from writers until they promise, all of them, not to embarrass themselves with this contrarian bullshit every year.
    Shoot, let the drunks in the bleachers vote.
  10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

But do you find it ridiculous? ;)
  11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Sorry, leisurly writting, spelling is not my main concern, the point is more important.
  12. I assume that was intentional. :D
Draft saved Draft deleted