1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cliff Lee going back to Philly ... this needs its own thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Dec 14, 2010.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Inferior team? What, did you not get your Cody Ross bobblehead?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Wasn't it out there that Lee and Charlie Manuel did not get along? Have those fences now been mended, I take it?

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Just wondering ... does Philly have a TV deal that's in the New York stratosphere? Is that how they can afford big-name free agents like this?

I realize they sell out the stadium nearly all season, and they've had a ton of success recently, but this is some big-time money for Howard, Halladay and Lee — all in the past year. And I'm sure some of the other regulars have decent-sized contracts, too.

Those cheesesteaks at the ballpark might be a bit more expensive next year.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They've avoided being piggish re their ticket prices, unlike the Bronx sleazebuckets.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

It's great that the Fightin Phillies are living up to their name. It's also good for baseball. However, If they don't win it all CBP will be a tough place for the candystripers.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Bets are being taken about which number Lee will select. Halliday wears 34, the same number that Lee wears.

7. mb

mb Active Member

I'd like in on the action, as Todd Zolecki wrote a couple of days ago he was going with 33, which he wore in Texas.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

You'd win.

Draft saved Draft deleted