1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click on this thread, and you will find a cute dog picture. And a question.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Jan 4, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Greyhound

[​IMG]

Lady at the airport had a really tiny one of these (like tiny) and I couldn't get enough of it.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Huh, that is one beautiful dog. And they're good watchdogs, according to the link. Thanks. I never would have thought of this breed, otherwise.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

They're apparently expensive if you get a full-breed ($250 from the place I found in either Va or CT, can't remember). I'd think it would have to be a full-breed because I don't see them everywhere.

So...maybe nevermind. :D

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

That is just a gorgeous dog. My goodness.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is a problem with quite a few smaller dogs, that they are just too hyper. That is really something important to check into, otherwise you're going to have one seriously annoying pet on your hands.

My only experience with small dogs is with Dauchshunds, who are fairly calm unless there is food involved or somebody at the door. Otherwise, I could tell you a bit about Dobermans, Siberian Huskies or Sheepdogs, but that doesn't really help much. :)

7. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

As the proud owner of a second pug, I think you should get another! I grew up raising greyhounds and thought they were the end all-be all of dogs. Then we got a pug.
    I will never go back, and having now a pair (hopefully will be a pack eventually) I couldn't be happier.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

we have a lossaoppsa/tzhitzu mix -- a "lotsashit" for short, sorry for spellings -- who is the sweetest, gentlest, love-seeking pet on the planet. also dumber than dirt, but we love him anyway. no shedding. super companion. adores other dogs. little thing with manly bark. 8)

9. Peg McNichol

Peg McNichol Member

No love for the mutts?
    [​IMG]

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That head looks like a plush toy that would be on my 4-year-old's shelf. Teach it to slobber or something, for authenticity purposes.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I say get a mixed breed from a shelter. I'm sure you could find one with the disposition, size, and fur you're looking for, and many of them are already very socialized with other dogs. Plus it will come already vaccinated and fixed. I don't see the point in going to a breeder. I know many shelters and rescue groups also have purebreds in most breeds, though, if you're dead set on a purebred (although my vet tells me mixed breeds have fewer health issues and tend to live longer).

12. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

I'm guessing this won't fit in the apartment.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted