1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click on this thread, and you will find a cute dog picture. And a question.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm moving into a new apartment in a week, and I have decided to ruin it by buying a puppy :D
    I already have a pug, and he's fat, and he emits a lot of foul odors, and I love him. Looking for a suitable companion. The new dog needs to be under 30 pounds, per apartment rules. I'm thinking of going this route:

[​IMG]

Apparently, they don't shed too much. And the pug makes my couch look the corpse of Sasquatch. I can't deal with more hair. Does anyone have any experience with Boston Terriers? Or can you recommend any other smaller dog with a sweet disposition that doesn't require an incredible amount of maintenance?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I figured this was going to be a computer virus or a request for my banking information to wire the tens of millions of dollars that is rightfully mine. I clicked on it anyway.

Can't help with any pertinent experience with Boston Terriers, but it looks like a pretty cute dog. Good luck on your canine selection process, CB.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm out. My 80-pound labs don't meet the requirements.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Don't get a boston terrier. A relative gets them. They fart and are loud and snore. Terrible choice IMO.

That pic you posted is about the best looking one I've ever seen. Real life is much worse.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Can't help you there. If I were to ever get a dog, a terrible idea with my allergies, it would be a dauchshund. They fit your size requirements, they are very sweet dogs and wouold likely have no problem getting along with your pug, but they can be a difficult to house train and they can be a needy when it comes to attention.

I grew up with them and can't imagine choosing any other breed.

Edited to add a picture.
    [​IMG]

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

There is absolutely nothing stopping you from posting that pertinent banking information. PM me, if you it would make you more comfortable. :D

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Most Boston Terriers look like Sam Cassell.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Oh. You said small. Sorry.

[​IMG]

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

That's awesome.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I suggest a whippet/lab mix.
    They will look like a one-year lab pup their entire life and the max weight will be between 25 and 30 pounds.
    Mia the wonder dog is a whippet/lab mix and she's a dandy of a dog.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

OOP and Evil...both good suggestions. I used to dogsit a dachshund. It was the sweetest, sweetest animal. I don't know much about puggles, but they are adorable.

Draft saved Draft deleted