1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click and Clack clock out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jun 8, 2012.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

And don't drive like MY brother.

This sucks...I cured many hangovers on the weekends listening to those guys while I worked at the NPR station in college.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I honestly missed out on this for YEARS before stumbling on it one weekend a couple years ago. Instantly became obsessed. Just so easily amusing, while also being informational. It was a great show. Still is, I guess, for a little bit longer.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I always thought it was cool they stayed loyal to public radio. Couldn't they have raked in the cash syndicating with Clear Channel's AM stations? It seems like they have enough appeal. They draw in listeners who would never otherwise listen to public radio.

4. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Make sure that 710 cap is on tight.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

When it comes to working on my own car, I don't go any further than changing the wiper blades. But I never miss that show.

Good job, guys!

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I am the same way. I will put in gas and a quart of oil and that is the extent of my car knowledge. But I will listen to these guys for the entire hour on a Saturday.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Their show jumped the shark years ago.

8. spikechiquet

Pray tell...what year? Pretty wide swath you are swinging with that comment.
    They have been the same goofy twosome I have listened to since 1994. I don't notice a difference between a 1996 show and one from last week.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And for a $500 pledge today, you can get a coffee mug from some other show not nearly as many people hear.

10. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Best thing on NPR. Huge, huge loss. And didja ever notice that so many of the women who called in sounded really exotic and cool?

11. spikechiquet

I read a story (not on the link I believe) that NPR is going to run "best of" shows with all the material...they will be set for 8 years. So it's not leaving for the time being...hell, it might outlast NPR at this point.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The past few years they start giggling at themselves before they've actually said anything that is funny, and their schtick became stale and predictable.

Draft saved Draft deleted