1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cleveland fans -- do you laugh or cry? Bentley carted off field

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Ben Bernanke

Ben Bernanke Guest

Rookies on the last Browns team to win a title would now be 64 years old.

2. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

At least he didn't hit a bush with a motorcycle.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Well, I can't say Bentley's injury has been bad for business.

Yesterday my blog had 41 hits.

Today, 10 times as many.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What's with all the pink?

5. This just sucks.

Really, this is too fucking ridiculous. The team is cursed. That's all there is to it. Winslow, Edwards, now Bentley on the first drill of training camp? So much for that 8-8 record I was hoping for...

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So the Browns will just find someone else to stick on the line. Ain't  the end of the world. These things happen.

I think that because I'm ready to be done mourning the death of my beloved L.A. Rams after 10 years, the Cleveland Browns are going to be my new team.

So Browns faithful, what do I need to know about the Browns? I do know that Lee Suggs, when healthy, is flat-out awesome. I covered Willie McGinest in high school -- him and Don Sasa (a Samoan who went to Washington State) were bad-ass bookend defensive ends at Long Beach Poly. And I remember Brian Sipe.

Go Browns!

Edit: out of respect for my new team, I won't bring up a certain something in 1986.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If it's Jenna, she'll probably hop on the pillion.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Listening to FSR earlier tonight when Siciliano was on. A guy called in and said to Andrew "Thank you for coming off the ledge. We were getting worried aobut you." That was in reference to Sicilano being the unapologetic long-suffering Browns fan that he is.

9. TheSportsPredictor

Someone told me that Andrew referenced my blog on there tonight. I didn't hear it. I also don't know how he heard about it. But today is a happy day for God Hates Cleveland Sports, even if it is a sad day for Cleveland.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Know what, TSP? Your blog isn't half bad!

11. TheSportsPredictor

Why thank you, ijag. I am ranking getting a compliment from you just above getting mentioned on AS's radio show. I only made fun of Brook Jacoby once on my blog, and it was way in the beginning, so you probably didn't read that one.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You're a glutton for punishment. Sysiphus has a better chance of seeing success than you will now. You're in line for an eternal case of blueballs cheering for these guys.

Draft saved Draft deleted