1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cleveland bus driver brings the pain

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Oct 12, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He really claimed "self defense?" When she was backing up and he came at her after getting out of his seat?

Riptide's right. Throw her off the bus or call the cops. Don't start punching unruly riders.

2. Certainly don't think what he did was right. Mostly because it was a woman. . . . but there are just some people you look at and think "this person needs to get his ass kicked." Some people have gotten way too brave with their words and actions to one another, and it really is sad. No respect at all for other human beings. I will say this, though. She can sure as hell take a punch.

3. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Bus drivers get so much shit, it was probably a combination of her spitting and attacking him along with years of passenger abuse. There are cities where the drivers literally are inside their own little cage to prevent passengers from attacking them.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He overreacted greatly, but she needs to be arrested, along with him, after this incident.

What is he supposed to do, though? Is stopping the bus and calling the cops really an option for him? With her harassing him, is it safe for him to drive?

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

My theory is that people are still bloodthirsty assholes, we've just become civilized enough that we wait for opportunities like this where people clearly "deserve" it to really revel in someone getting beat up.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

I disagree. He gave her the ass kicking she was looking for. He was provoked and I don't believe the RTA handbook says getting spit upon and punched is part of the job.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Especially on Internet boards. Everyone is angry and wants blood. BLOOD!!!

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Total overreaction, but she needed that punch. Hate to see a man hit a woman, definitely, and he was NOT defending himself. Can't say I feel sorry for her, but wish he would have just tossed her ass off forcefully as he later did. But THEN he likely would have been defending himself anyway, since she came back on and went after him.

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

That's exactly what I thought. Okay, my innerself cheered when she got clocked, but he really should have just thrown her off.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I used that same uppercut in Mortal Kombat countless times.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Overreaction my ass. Have you ever worked dealing with John Q. Public on a daily basis driving bus? Lot of pressure in that job. You are responsible for a lot of lives. You have to deal with a lot of attitudes. Yeah, there was a moment when he COULD HAVE not thrown the punch. But given the circumstances, I don't blame him.
    Let's take it to another level. I come on your job, spit on you and hit on you a few times. I'd like to think that you would defend yourself in such a situation in much the same manner.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Her response is more comical than the original ass kicking.

Draft saved Draft deleted