1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clerks II - Are you gonna see it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Seabasket, Jul 21, 2006.

?

Will you go see Clerks II?

1. Yes

81.4%
  2. No

14.3%
  3. Never saw the first one; no interest

4.3%
  1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever been to a movie at which the audience clapped at the end.
    I've seen people walk out of movies, but I've never seen/heard anyone loudly proclaim that they were walking out.
    Actually, I saw a lot of people walk out of 'Dogma,' which I saw on Guam, a 90-percent Catholic island.
    I've never walked out on a movie, although I thought about it during 'The Road to Wellville' and 'Van Helsing.'

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That critic was Joel Siegel... comes off being pretty lame for causing a disruption.

http://people.monstersandcritics.com/article_1182328.php/Filmmaker_Kevin_Smith_versus_critic_Joel_Siegel_%93It%92s_on%94

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Aside from that being lame, it breaks the first rule about watching films at the theater ... shut your mouth, as Smith pointed out in his blog.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm still partial to Clerks, but Chasing Amy is way underrated. I loved the last scene with Holden and Alyssa. So subtly sad.

5. Deskgrunt50

Certainly a lot of love for Chasing Amy from me. Great flick. And I love the song during the opening credits "Tube full of Wonderful."

For me, it's certainly not far behind Clerks and Dogma.

6. Deskgrunt50

So true. And beside that, he's a fucking movie critic. That's his job. Sit there and do your job.

Yeah, the topic was offensive, and meant to be. Siegel's a major-league idiot for that.

Of all the crappy movies he's reviewed, this is the one he walks out of?

Of course, the minor controversy will probably add a few bucks to the box office, so that's not such a bad thing for Kevin Smith.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

May Joel Siegel receive a stinkpalm the next time he encounters Jason Lee (the ending of "Mallrats").
    Personally, I'd tie him to a chair and make him watch the deleted scenes from the "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" DVD. Let's just say Will Ferrell is more screamingly funny in the J&SBSB extras CD than he's been in virtually any of his starring roles.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fuckabuncha Joel Siegel.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06202/707428-254.stm

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I will see it this weekend or next.

Anyone check out the Clerks X DVD with the bonus DVD which is the original film, the one presented to the bigwigs before it was cleaned up? The ending is way different.

11. Sly

Sly Active Member

Like I said, I like "Clerks" and "Mallrats." Have laughed my ass off at each many, many times. Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for Sega.

But to call Kevin Smith a "filmmaker" and then say Dogma is his "Tarantino" picture ... Well, I'm just a loss for words. Under no circumstances do I want a guy who can't even dress himself preaching to me about religion.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I can see how that would turn you off to the whole moviegoing experience for awhile.

Draft saved Draft deleted