1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clerks II - Are you gonna see it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Seabasket, Jul 21, 2006.

?

Will you go see Clerks II?

1. Yes

81.4%
  2. No

14.3%
  3. Never saw the first one; no interest

4.3%
  1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Thanks for the advice. Will do.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Great to read all the love for Dogma on this thread.

I really have Clerks and Dogma as 1. and 1A as far as Smith's best stuff. So totally diffferent from each other.

Clerks gets the nod because of it's dialogue and ground-breaking nature.

Dogma probably his best-formed idea and best-looking flick.

3. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

I'm gonna see it, 37 times

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Outstanding.

Try not to suck any &!*&#!@! on your way through the parking lot.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Dogma is my favorite of his, and it's not close. It's the only one where he's a filmmaker along the lines of a tarantino, where good dialogue meets great setups and interesting shots. Usually, Smith is a a guy who writes funny and sometimes interesting dialogue, but who is lacking as far as filmmaking goes.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I've seen all of Smith's films except "Jersey Girl" (I'm allergic to both Affleck and Lopez <shudder>).  I liked his films but I loooved Dogma.  It was funny, thoughtful, obscene and spiritual all at once.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Chasing Amy' was his best.

8. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

I just want to say that "Clerks", the first one, didn't do much for me. And I'm usually into movies like that.

Jay is one hilarious character, though.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Good flick. Lots of fun, and that's all I really care about in a movie. Everyone in the theater applauded at the end (though I never understood that concept, kind of like the concept of those people who cover or work golf tournaments wearing their spikes. You know, you're not actually playing. I digress ...)

My worry was that too many random white kids were leaving the theater yelling "porch monkey!"

In Richmond.

Really, not very smart.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Oh, and Rosario Dawson ... well, cheese cracker doesn't even begin to describe ... :D

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Some asshole film critic stood up 30 or 40 minutes in, yelled that this was the first move in "30 fucking years" he had walked out on, and then left. He was apparently offended by things the characters were talking about. Not doing... TALKING!

That alone makes me want to see it. After Jersey Girl, Kevin Smith owes us a good one.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted