1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clerks II - Are you gonna see it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Seabasket, Jul 21, 2006.

?

Will you go see Clerks II?

1. Yes

81.4%
  2. No

14.3%
  3. Never saw the first one; no interest

4.3%
  1. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

I know a lot of people have seen the first one. I was on the fence about how good this could be, but it's gotten good reviews over on RottenTomatoes.com and I hear good things, so I'm in.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I wanna see it, but I'm way behind on my movie viewing. I still haven't seen "Pirates of the Caribbean II" or "An Inconvenient Truth" yet....

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

A friend that has seen it already has said that it was extremely funny and the best movie he's seen in the last few years.

While I think he's going a bit overboard, I trust that the movie is good.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I think I want to see the first one first.

5. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I'll wait for DVD.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to see it Sunday. Comedy Central had a special on it last Saturday night, I think, and it looked a lot better than I was expecting. I just hope I haven't already seen the best parts.

And I do want to find out what pillow pants means.

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Just got back from the noon showing, and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. First thing that comes to mind is heart. Kevin Smith does a good job of letting us get to know his characters and not being afraid to let us in on their lives. Good use of music in the film, something I feel not enough filmmakers use to their advantage. Smith has fun with the music, too, as well as the inane setting and characters.

Rosario Dawson's Becky is the first Kevin Smith character since Jason Lee's Brodie in Mallrats to not make their dialogue feel wooden and forced. It was the same insane fun as Clerks, but with a nice story hook and some heart. Women will enjoy the movie, as well, seeing themselves in Becky, a "other girl" who gets passed over for guys who feel they need the American standard of relationships and family.  

Jokes are not extremely forced, and when recycled, are done in a nod to the original, not a re-creation. Laughs come from the true nature of the characters, especially Randal. Go see it. Even if you're not even supposed to go to a movie today.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Never saw the first one. Any good? Is it a stoner movie, 'cuz I'm no longer a stoner.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Not a stoner movie. It is exceptionally good.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I don't know. It depends. I'm going to be on the road next week, so we'll see how the schedule works out. Shit, I don't know.

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

After Kevin Smith's last few movies, I thought he'd forgotten this.

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Dang, CI, you should review movies for a living.

Draft saved Draft deleted