1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clerks alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Hey! You, come back here!

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

He was supposed to play Silent Bob, by the way.

3. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

If you're a View Askew fanboy, head to Leonardo and Red Bank.

Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash is in Red Bank. It's well worth the trip; I picked up my Bluntman and Chronic hat there (worn only backwards, of course). I need to go back this summer to get a new one; I wore that one out in five years.

Across the street from the Stash is the building Holden and Banky supposedly inhabited in Chasing Amy. I had to go into the record store ("Oooh, YANNI!") and sit on their supposed doorstep ("As it stands, I have no 'And then she unzipped her jumper' stories.")

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"Bank Hold-up."

I've been a Smith junkie since my sophomore year of college. One of my best friends is nicknamed Lunchbox, and I got him a Mooby hat for Festivus three or four years ago. We were all going to chip in for a black Bob coat, but they were about $250, and we decided the joke wasn't worth that much dough.

I will go there eventually. Maybe the next time I go to Jersey for a concert, I'll swing by Red Bank and hang out for a while.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm a fanboy, too. (Reformed) I picked up Smith's "My Boring Ass Life" on a whim at the bookstore a couple of weeks ago -- btw, I highly recommend for a 30-page tale of getting Mewes off the smack and the ending story about his Bruce Willis worship and filming the last "Die Hard" -- and it grabbed be back into a hetero love of all things Askew again. Bought "Evening 2: Evening Harder," even though I never saw the first one. Loved it. Renting the original today. Was snowed in on Friday-Saturday, so I had a Smith-fest. Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, J&SB Strike Back, Jersey Girl and Clerks II -- yep, own 'em all.

Christ, I need to find a job, get a life.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My friends and I wanted to take one day and watch every one of the movies from Clerks to Jay and Bob -- this was before Clerks II. But we never did that. My friend suck, come to think of it.

As for the Mewes story: I read that on his blog, and I was hooked. After reading the first two parts, I checked that site repeatedly for updates. If there's one thing Smith can do well, it's tell a story. I was completely hooked. It was like Mewes was my friend, and I was watching him suffer ... just like Smith did.

7. I hear they're working on a third "Evening." I hope it's more like the first, with highlights, than the second, which isn't bad but drags in parts.
    Are you all listening to SModcast? Pretty good stuff most of the time and a great look into what Kevin, Mosier, Mewes, etc. are really like.

Draft saved Draft deleted