1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cleon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Major ice storm hitting Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas today and moving east throughout the weekend. They're predicting up to an inch of sleet and ice - not snow - for different areas. Power outages for up to a week.

Oklahoma State hosts Oklahoma Saturday and Stillwater is dead in the middle of this. Texas at Baylor might be affected too. Anything that falls will be there a few days as it's not supposed to be above freezing until the middle of next week.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Moving west?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sorry. East.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You called?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The sleet and frozen rain is getting pretty heavy down here, now. Ice is now hanging at least three to four inches from the power lines in the neighborhood. A young pine tree in my yard has already begun to sag and is covered with ice.

We have gas heat, plenty of food, water and charcoal for the grill, so we'll be OK, but I absolutely expect to be without power for at least two days. Work was cancelled today, and it's beginning to look like a 4-day weekend for us. It's hovering just below freezing now, but still raining. It's supposed to stop raining by 8 p.m., but it'll be 19 degrees at that point.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Who remembers when Cleon Jones got caught by the police in a
    70's type van naked with a babe other than his wife and The Mets
    made him make public apology to fans.

Imagine that happening today.

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

I do remember it, and the Mets were criticized for that charade because his wife was there. It was a bad management decision by the Mets. They put more pressure on his wife, which was unfair, and they also dragged out the story for some more days when it would have been a one or two-day story at the most.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

We got every bit of what we missed from the last storm a couple of weeks ago. I have 4 inches of sleet on my driveway. I spread rock salt when it started and it's not touching it.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Although we were expecting a half inch of ice, we probably only have about a quarter. We experienced no power loss, but the local paper kept us updated on power outages in other areas of town.

We're expecting another round tonight after 9. Hopefully it doesn't add too much.

10. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

I hope Thayer Evans doesn't wear out his fur lined boots as he walks around and attempts to get the dirt on all these games.

Draft saved Draft deleted