1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clemson fans...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TyWebb, Sep 3, 2007.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

...rushing the field after beating No. 19 FSU? Is this justified?

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

No. Not at all. Unless you're a directional Michigan or Carolina or something.

3. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Clemson fans are a rare breed. Doesn't surprise me one bit. Actually, I would have been shocked if they stayed in their seats.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

It pretty much says, "We expect to suck and are shocked that we don't."

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Are losers.

6. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Have you ever been to Clemson? If you were there, you would run around like a chicken with his head cut off every chance you got too.

I spent a summer in the tin cans, the hottest dorms Satan ever invented. My roommate's only feat of the entire summer was to leave his contacts in while sleeping, thus almost blinding himself. (I'm not sure whether he ever attended a single class.) That, and the heat, is about all I remember.

I wish I could have charged a field, if it hadn't been too damned hot for charging fields...

7. Exactly

8. That is a surprise, considering FSU was what, No. 5, when Clemson beat them last year? I agree. Kinda pathetic.

9. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

Fixed

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The only justification for fan celebration this weekend was Appalachian State fans tearing down their goal posts after that little road win they had.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I wasn't surprised they rushed the field. But as the commentators said, I was also somewhat impressed with how fast they U-turned when they found out they were reviewing the last play.
    It looked like a herd of wildabeasts being chased by lions.

12. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Even better was the Rutgers crew against Louisville last season. Now THAT was impressive. Even though I've grown to despite the school because of the fact that it thinks one great year means they're all of a sudden on the level of Penn State, USC, Michigan and Florida State, I've got to give them credit for that one.

Draft saved Draft deleted