1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clemmens or McNamee possibly color blind?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, Jan 9, 2008.

1. creamora

creamora Member

Let's see. Testosterone is yellowish in color. Winstrol is white in
    color. Nandrolone is yellowish. Growth hormone is clear. Vitamin
    B-12 is red in color. Lidocaine is clear. Wonder if either Clemens or McNamee would remember if the substances injected were yellow, white, red or clear? Wonder if either of them may possibly be color blind? According to McNamee, some of these substances were injected 16-21 times. Maybe this is a color coded story.

How BALCO founder Victor Conte would needle Brian McNamee

By TERI THOMPSON
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
    Tuesday, January 8th 2008, 8:23 PM

You remember Victor Conte, the founder of the granddaddy of the steroids-and-sports story, BALCO Laboratories, and as such an expert in the field of performance-enhancing drugs. The members of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform are sure to have a slew of fine questions for Roger Clemens, Andy Pettitte, Chuck Knoblauch and the others when the hearings convene next week, but you can't think of everything.

Here are some questions Conte would like to see the congressmen ask of Brian McNamee, the trainer for the players who'll appear. He provides the answers, too, in case anybody wants to cheat.

Q: It is stated in the Mitchell report that you allegedly injected Mr. Clemens with three types of anabolic steroids - Sustanon 250, Winstrol and Deca Durabolin. Can you tell us the basic color of each of these three steroids?

A: Sustanon 250 (testosterone), is oil-based and yellowish in color. Winstrol (stanazolol), is water-based and white in color. Deca Durabolin (nandrolone), is oil-based and yellowish in color.

Q: Anabolic steroids generally come in either small single-dose glass ampoules or larger multi-dose bottles. Can you describe the containers of the three steroids and the basic method of preparation used for injection?

A: Injectable anabolic steroids, which come in single-dose glass ampoules, must be broken by hand at the base of the snout before 1-2 cc of liquid is drawn out through the needle and into the syringe. Steroids contained in 10- to 20-cc multi-dose bottles have a rubber stopper, which is penetrated with the needle and then drawn out into the syringe.

Q: It is also alleged that you injected Mr. Clemens with human growth hormone. Do you recall the specific brand of growth hormone that you used on any of the occasions between 1998 and 2001? How about the number of units of HGH that were injected? Was it refrigerated?

A: HGH comes in three basic forms. 1. A small bottle of lyophilized powder packaged with a second small bottle that contains a diluent (water) to be mixed together. 2. HGH also comes as a clear liquid in a small bottle that has already been premixed. 3. Finally, HGH is available for use with a cartridge injector. These injectors look similar to a Sharpie pen and hold a small cylinder of clear liquid that contains the HGH. The needle tips are changed and an appropriate dosage is dialed up with each injection.

Q: Did you ever inject Mr. Clemens with a liquid that was red in color? If so, where on his body was the injection made?

A: Injectable Vitamin B-12 is red in color and usually injected into the buttocks area.

Q: Can you describe the sizes and types of syringes and needles that you used to inject Mr. Clemens with the various substances?

A: Three cc syringes with 1 1/2 inch, 21-gauge needles are generally used for intramuscular injection of anabolic steroids, including testosterone. Generally, injections are into the buttocks area. This larger syringe and needle are also used for the injection of B-12. Fifty- to 100-unit "insulin type" syringes with 1/2 to 5/8 inch, 29-gauge needles are generally used for the injection of HGH. Generally, subcutaneous injections are made into the stomach area. (According to the Mitchell Report, Clemens was queasy about using HGH, telling McNamee he did not like the "bellybutton shot.")

Q: Did you ever inject Mr. Clemens with a substance in any part of his body other than his buttocks or stomach area? If so, what color was the substance and where was it injected?

A: Lidocaine is clear in color and mostly administered as a localized injection in the area of pain.

Q: How many milligrams of testosterone per cc was allegedly injected on each occasion?

A: Testosterone is generally injected 1-2 cc's at time containing 50-250 milligrams of testosterone per cc.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If you want the job, run for Congress, Vic.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Why would the guy who got caught and went to jail needle the guy who got caught and avoided the jail time?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I take back my previous post. Convicted felons can't be Congressmen, can they?

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think they can. I think as long as you can vote, and not every state revokes the voting rights of felons who have served their term, you can be a Congressman.

6. The Big Ragu

[​IMG]

How about Congressmen who go to jail? I'm sure he's taken some needling in his time with that muskrat sitting on his head.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Opps sorry wrong thread - I had expected to read that Clemens endorsed Obama.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What's the law in California?

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Who is Clemmens?

10. The Big Ragu

I don't think so. I think Obama endorsed Victor Conte. But then he found out he's a convicted felon, so now Obama's administrative aid is investigating whether Conte is still eligible to head up WADA. Or something like that.

11. creamora

creamora Member

Could there simply be a color coded answer to the truth?
    I can hear the Congressional committee member already, "If it ain't red, then somebody's dead."

12. The Big Ragu

That's not what my pusher told me when he added Clomid to my regimen. He said, "If it ain't red, then someone's expecting."

Draft saved Draft deleted