1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clemens signs with Yankees

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jack_Kerouac, May 6, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Over-under on the Oblivious Choke Artist's first visit of the year to the DL: . . . ahhhh, let's say July 22.

2. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

ESPN reporting he signed a deal worth $28 million.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

But anyone who can eat innings will help the bullpen. Maybe some guys they're starting now can do long relief and help there. But Clemens will help the Yankees. It's not like this move hurts them.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That's one less maxi pad that Theo can put in Schilling's sanitary red sock

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Maybe he can buy Randy Hendricks a better hairpiece.

This press conference is hilarious. Hendricks: "I wasn't negotiating at Fenway Park." Uh huh. That's how you got $28 million dollars for four months of work.

Did Clemens get a Hummer too?

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yeah, but the middle relievers are still lousy. Yanks need middle relievers who can bridge the game from the starters to Rivera.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Leave LeBron's mother out of this

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Yeah, uh, I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. Check that; I just tossed all my cookies.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

The funniest thing about this press conference was Clemens trying to convince himself he loves his son even though he's into sculpting and not sports.

"My son's a sculptor, and I love him. I love my gay sculptor son."

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

the middle relievers might be a little better if they're coming in in the 7th instead of the 5th

12. Roger_Clemens

Roger_Clemens New Member

All's I'm sayin is, Deb likes them Bergdorfs folks a real lot, ya know how that is, and also, now there ain't no more tranny fats in the NYC chow, so that ain't bad for ol' Rog's lover handles! Good to be back!

Draft saved Draft deleted