1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clemens signs with Yankees

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jack_Kerouac, May 6, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You knew it was only a matter of time. Just saw one of those cell phone commercials where the call drops and the other guy thinks he pissed off who he's talking to. Well, it shows Clemens on the golf course and he calls his wife and says the guys are really trying to get him back to pitch and if she just says no, he'll not do it. She of course says no and starts throwing things around, but he can't hear her. Hilarious.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

"I'm back guys. She's so excited, she's speechless."

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

OH MY GOD ROGER CLEMENS IS ON THE PHONE WITH ME OF ALL THE PHONE CALLS I'VE EVER FIELDED ROGER CLEMENS IS ON THE PHONE WITH ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That one's been spinning for at least a couple of weeks.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

First time I saw it. On PTI, Wilbon just called it the best baseball commerical in a long time.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think it's a good commercial, but can you think of another good baseball commercial in recent years?

I like the Jeter stealing second one with Keitel, but the Clemens one is better.

Of course there is always this

[​IMG]

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Jeter /Steinbrenner visa commercial is still the gold standard

8. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Longer than that. This commercial has been airing since at least late July/early August.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Rocket's been spining it for a number of years now

Draft saved Draft deleted