1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clemens coverage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigRed, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So you'd be working next door to Fred Phelps? No thanks.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow. That's awesome. No, working next to Fred Phelps is like working next to Dallas. Hell.
    :D

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I work next to Dallas and Fred Phelps is my agate clerk. :mad:

;D

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I have him on a team.. do I drop him or wait until he signs this year midway through the season like last year?

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Am I the only one who became confused by this thread an thought he pitched tonight? Fuck, I should have looked at the dates on the thread, but I didn't.

Spup, if you were in my league, I'd tell you to drop him so I could pick him up. Don't drop him if you are allowed to have a bench, he could be the best mid-season acquisition you get.

6. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Wow, I didn't even get it until you said something. I'm an idiot. Guess I can close my google news search window now.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No, you're not. I was wondering the same thing when I saw your post.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I assume all threads are about pup needing fantasy baseball advice until I know for sure otherwise.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Argh Zeke. I suppose it's just because I trash talked too much and the fantasy god's are spiting me. Where's Jesus anyway? Maybe he can help me.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've seen your team. Not even Jesus can help you.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I have a good team, dammit. I just want to know why I lost like 14 points the first damn day!

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

In my AL-only league I selected Clemens with the first pick of the reserve draft. He was ineligible to be selected in the regular draft because he's not on an AL roster.

I hate that fucking guy with every fiber of my being. but I figure he'll sign with the Yankees and will be the best mid-season acquistion I could find. Plus, my starting pitching is absolutely horrid. If I fall apart on offense and Clemens plays in the AL, I can fleece some contendah at the deadline.

Draft saved Draft deleted