1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clemens apologizes for being naughty

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, May 5, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

obviously munson is a god.

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

That's the question I've had in my mind ever since the extramarital stuff hit the press. Roger's suit alleges that MacNamee damaged his reputation. So it would seem that Roger's reputation at the time of the allegations is the issue, not what his reputation is now. The philandering may prove he's a douchebag, but ol' Rusty could certainly make a decent argument that it's not relevant to the suit against MacNamee.

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Then there's this -- the Houston Chronicle beat writer's blog entry where he says he went to Mass and prayed for Rocket and the Clemens family:

"Anybody can rationalize passing judgement, but it takes strength to say enough is enough. We've become a tabloid society, and we shouldn't. We want to judge, cast stones and ridicule too often when it could be more productive to show empathy and a good heart.

With that in mind, I'd like to say it's time for folks to leave Roger Clemens and his family alone. Some of you would say he brought this upon himself, and that may be true. But, really, who are we to judge?"

http://tinyurl.com/5kj2nb

Sorry if a d_b; I did search and found nothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted