1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clem/Ala: 2015-16 Nat. title thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I'm about to go to sleep here in Europe but will get up to watch, then head to work.
    On another thread I predicted Clemson 35, Alabama 24
    They put me down, they say I'm wrong
    … so how could they know? / RIP Bowie

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You're on drugs [/whitman]

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

He is comparing himself to Bowie, after all.

dooley_womack1 likes this.
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Weird that the NCAA basketball tournament seems to do fairly well compared with the NBA playoffs, then.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Bad example. NBA playoffs don't start until after the NCAA tournament is over.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, you would think that the sheer anticipation of the NBA Playoffs, which start three weeks after the end of the NCAA Tournament, would put a huge dent into the NCAA Tournament audience.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So we move the NCAA "playoffs" to November or the Super Bowl to the first Sunday March.

Problem solved.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Correct.

If this game was being played on New Year's Day, the buzz would be enormous.

9. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Yeah, by this time of year in terms of football the interest is in NFL playoffs. To me, college football should move the timeline up so that season concludes the same weekend the NFL regular season does. Or the NFL gives more byes and extends the regular season a week or two.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If this game were being played between two SEC West teams, everyone would know it promises to be an actual contest. :rolleyes:

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It is ironic (I think) that the more the try to determine a champion for college football, the less interest there seems to be in virtually all of the upper-tier bowl games, including playoffs.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Don't be so hard on him. He doesn't have any local teams involved to create a passing interest.

Draft saved Draft deleted