1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clem/Ala: 2015-16 Nat. title thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You're on drugs.

JackReacher likes this.
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Exact same thing around here, Ace. Of course, the Seahawks getting a gift playoff win doesn't help.

Overall, though, I think the long gap between the New Year's Day (or worse, New Year's Eve) bowl games and the championship game is tough to overcome if you're not a fan of the two schools playing. And I say that as a pretty heavy-duty college FB fan.

3. Dick Whitman

The Triple A World Series in minor-league baseball didn't get a lot of attention last year, either.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Call me when a Triple-A baseball game draws a crowd of 100,000. Or 40,000. Or 20,000.

5. Dick Whitman

That's fine. But the question was why there isn't more buzz about the national championship game. The answer is that it is minor-league football, and high stakes games are being played right now in major league football.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Does deeper matter when you've got a guy can run it 40 times for 200 yards?

Dick Whitman likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

It was a dumb statement. Oklahoma doesn't remotely have as much talent as Alabama. The best thing he can do is walk it back and concede that he spoke before he thought.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

da man: Perine can do that if given the ball 40 times (not against Alabama, probably, lest I get the logic-filled "on drugs" counterargument again). My main point was, Clemson received a pretty good tuneup for tonight's game.

9. Dick Whitman

Two touchdowns.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

11. Dick Whitman

Three touchdowns.

amraeder likes this.
  12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I hope you're right. If Bama wins, the wife and I finish 1-2 in our (fairly large) family bowl pool. The extra cash would come in handy.

Draft saved Draft deleted